Zoom™ is an in-office teeth whitening system that uses bleaching gel and LED light to whiten your smile brilliantly. Whitening with Zoom will make your smile glisten in about an hour.
What Is the Process?
Before treatment with Zoom we take the following steps to ensure you are a candidate for it:
- Examine your teeth to ensure you don’t have any open cavities, leaky fillings, or sensitive areas that could be irritated by the bleaching gel.
- Determine if bleaching is the right solution for the type of stains in your teeth or if another cosmetic treatment will be more effective.
- Anticipate any issues you might have with sensitivity during the bleaching process.
- Clean your teeth before the bleaching session.
- Take impressions of your teeth to create custom bleaching trays for at-home follow-up.
How Zoom Works
After retracting your cheeks and protecting your gums with a coating, dentists who use Zoom follow these steps:
- Apply bleaching gel to your teeth
- Shine the Zoom light on your teeth to accelerate the gel
- Repeat the process a couple of times to brighten your smile further.
Right after the appointment, your teeth will be very white. In a few days, your teeth will rehydrate to a more natural color. You can then decide if you want to further whiten your teeth at home.
We will give you custom bleaching trays, bleaching gel, and desensitizing gel for at-home treatment. If you want your smile even brighter than the results of Zoom in-office treatment, continue whitening your teeth at home. And you can use the kit for touchups to keep your smile bright.
- Each night place a small amount of bleaching gel in the trays and wear them at least 20 minutes or overnight as directed.
- Continue using the at-home kit until your teeth are as white as you want.
- If the bleaching gel causes sensitivity in your teeth, apply the desensitizing gel to your teeth.
Interested in In-Office Whitening with Zoom?
We’ll examine your teeth to determine if you’re a candidate for teeth whitening with Zoom and let you know the results you can expect. Call us for an appointment or complete our appointment request form.