Lumineers® is a brand of ultra-thin porcelain veneers made exclusively by DenMat. The veneers require little to no preparation of your natural teeth and you can receive them in just two visits. After receiving Lumineers training, Dr. Theriot used the brand for some of his patients. But he prefers other brands of porcelain veneers for long-lasting, natural-looking results.
How Do Lumineers Compare with Other Brands?
- They are stronger and thinner than traditional porcelain veneers.
- Only the DenMat lab is authorized to make Lumineers.
- Many cosmetic dentists agree that DenMat makes veneers that look bulky, pasty, and generic. And one reason that Dr. Theriot stopped using the Lumineers brand is that too many of them broke.
- Several competing brands make ultra-thin veneers.
- Other brands of ultra-thin veneers are equally strong as Lumineers, or stronger.
- Instead of a single lab, other brands partner with multiple ceramists and allow dentists to select a ceramist to achieve natural characteristics, color, and translucence.
What Can You Expect with Your Smile Makeover?
Although we don’t use Lumineers, after listening to your smile goals and examining your teeth, we will select a brand of veneers that helps us achieve natural-looking results.
- Perform an exam and take x-rays – We’ll examine your teeth and gums to ensure they are healthy and take x-rays to ensure that you’re a candidate for porcelain veneers.
- Prepare your teeth – If your natural teeth need any preparation, we’ll discuss that with you. Preparation may not be needed. But if your case requires it, we will only remove a fraction of a millimeter of tooth enamel.
- Take digital impressions – After we take impressions of your teeth, we will send them, along with pictures of your face and smile, to a ceramist.
- Craft your veneers – The ceramist will craft custom porcelain veneers for your smile makeover.
- Place your veneers – We will use a try-in paste to attach your porcelain veneers to your teeth. After you examine the veneers, if you love the way they look and feel, we will bond them to your teeth.
You’ll receive beautiful, natural-looking results that last.
Interested in a Natural-Looking Smile Makeover?
If you’re interested in a smile makeover with porcelain veneers, call us to schedule an appointment for a complimentary consultation or complete our appointment request form.