Sparkling. White. Teeth. It’s easy to refresh your smile and make it look younger with teeth whitening from Theriot Family Dental Care. We offer take-home and in-office treatment for a bright smile that lasts.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a treatment that uses carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide bleaching gel to break down stains and brighten your smile.
Over-the-Counter vs. Professional Whitening
Although you can buy over-the-counter products and do your own teeth whitening, it won’t be as effective as whitening from Theriot Family Dental Care.
- Whitening strips are ¼ the strength of our most potent professional-strength gel
- You might see results on surface stains, but discoloration from deep stains won’t go away
- Whitening strips or poor-fitting trays can produce uneven results and can irritate your gums
- We offer high-potency gel that gives you excellent, long-lasting results
- It breaks down embedded stains and lightens the natural pigmentation of your teeth
- You’ll receive trays that fit snugly for thorough, even whitening that won’t burn your gums
- We’ll examine your teeth first to see if whitening or another cosmetic treatment will help
Types of Teeth Whitening
We offer take-home and in-office teeth whitening. You’ll get the best results with whitening if you’ve had a recent dental cleaning.
We’ll take impressions of your teeth for custom bleaching trays. You’ll return to our office to get the trays and a whitening kit.
Daily treatment routine:
- Squeeze a small amount of gel into the bleaching trays.
- Wear the trays as directed by Dr. Theriot or Dr. Redhead.
- You’ll see your smile getting brighter, and after two weeks, it will sparkle.
- It takes a few days for the color to stabilize. But if you want an even brighter smile, continue whitening as directed.
Opalescence Go is a hydrogen peroxide teeth-whitening kit with ten sets of whitening trays, prefilled with bleaching gel. It’s easy to brighten your smile at home with Opalescence Go.
You’ll follow these steps for ten days:
- Open a package of trays, marked for your upper and lower teeth.
- Place the upper tray in your mouth and swallow to release the inner tray. Repeat the process for the lower tray.
- Wear the trays for 20 to 60 minutes, as directed by Dr. Theriot or Dr. Redhead.
- When you’re done, gently brush your teeth with water to remove excess gel.
- Throw away the used trays.
- Repeat the whitening process until you’ve worn all the trays.
At the end of treatment, you’ll have a brighter smile. Let us know if you want to continue whitening your teeth, and we’ll provide another kit and directions.
Opalescence Boost blasts away embedded tooth stains while you’re sitting in a dental chair. The application is comfortable and easy. You can relax while we complete the whitening process:
- Retract your cheeks and rinse and dry your teeth and gums
- Apply a gel to your gums to protect them from the bleaching solution
- Apply bleaching gel to your teeth and let it soak in and break down stains for 20 minutes
- Suction off the gel and repeat the application once or twice for further whitening
- Rinse your teeth and remove the protective gel from your gums
When you look at your teeth in our mirror, they will be so brilliantly white that you’ll automatically smile. After the color stabilizes in a few days, you can continue whitening your teeth at home with custom bleaching trays and a kit that we’ll provide. And you’ll do periodic touch-ups to keep your smile sparkling.
How Long Will It Last?
In-office teeth whitening is a fast and easy way to a super-white smile. The take-home treatments are just as effective—it just takes longer. Either method can erase accumulated stains and even whiten the natural pigmentation of your teeth, giving you a tooth color that is “off-the-chart” white. With either treatment, touch-ups at home will help you maintain a bright, natural-looking smile.
If you want a quick way to add luster to your smile, call us to schedule an appointment or submit our appointment request form.