Lumineers® are ultra-thin porcelain veneers made by DenMat. The Lumineers brand is widely advertised and well-known for prepless veneers you can receive in just two visits. Dr. Theriot completed Lumineers training and has experience placing Lumineers. But for natural-looking, long-lasting results, he and Dr. Redhead prefer other brands of veneers.
How Do Lumineers Compare with Other Brands?
- They are stronger and thinner than traditional porcelain veneers.
- The Lumineers trademark requires that only the DenMat lab makes the veneers.
- Many cosmetic dentists criticize the large DenMat lab for being impersonal and producing veneers that look bulky and pasty and lack personalization. And in Dr. Theriot’s experience with Lumineers, too many of them break.
- There are several choices of competing brands.
- Other brands of ultra-thin veneers are equally strong as Lumineers, or stronger.
- Other brands allow the dentist to select any of a number of skilled ceramists to create veneers that will mimic the characteristics, shade, translucence, and gloss of natural teeth. You will have a beautiful, natural smile.
What Can You Expect with Other Brands?
Rather than Lumineers, we use brands of porcelain veneers that allow us to treat your case individually and ensure you’ll receive natural-looking results. We will listen to your preferences for a smile makeover and explain the results you can expect with porcelain veneers.
- Exam and x-rays – After examining your teeth and taking x-rays, Dr. Theriot will determine if porcelain veneers are right for your case.
- Preparation – Preparation may or may not be needed. If you decide together that preparation is needed, Dr. Theriot or Dr. Redhead will prepare your teeth for veneers by removing a small amount of tooth enamel—a fraction of a millimeter.
- Impressions – We’ll send impressions of your teeth and pictures of your face and smile for a ceramist to customize your veneers. Your new smile will fit your facial features and look natural.
- Placement – Dr. Theriot will place your porcelain veneers on your teeth with a try-in paste to check them for color and fit. When you approve the look and feel of your veneers, he will bond them to your teeth.
If you’re thinking about a smile makeover or have questions about Lumineers or other brands, request a complimentary consultation. When you’re ready for veneers, schedule an appointment for an exam. Call us or complete our appointment request form.