If you have always wanted a straight smile but don’t want a mouth full of metal and wire brackets as an adult, then Invisalign may be the perfect solution for you. Dr. Kaleigh Redhead is a certified Invisalign provider.
What Is Invisalign?
This treatment uses clear aligners to gradually shift your teeth into their proper positions. These aligners are invisible at a conversational distance, so Invisalign is often called “invisible braces.” And because the treatment is computer designed, tooth movement is more efficient, which cuts in half the treatment time.
Dr. Redhead will begin with a complete exam, including x-rays and digital impressions of your teeth with an optical scanner. She will then collaborate with Invisalign to devise a plan to move your teeth into their correct positions. Their laboratory will then use a sophisticated computer program to manufacture enough sets of aligners to complete your case, and Dr. Redhead will give them to you in batches.
You will wear each pair of aligners for around two weeks. When they first go on your teeth, they will feel like they don’t quite fit right. This is because They are designed for the position your teeth will move to with that set of aligners. After just a few days, they’ll feel looser. Do NOT switch to the new aligners then. It is important to wait the full two weeks so the bone integrates with the new tooth position. At regular intervals, you will meet with Dr. Redhead to ensure the treatment is on target and to make any needed adjustments.
Advantages of Invisalign
- No one will even know that you are straightening your teeth. They really are invisible at a conversational distance.
- It is much easier to keep up with your oral home care because you have no wires and brackets to work around. When it is time to clean your teeth, you simply take out the aligners then brush and floss as normal.
- While braces often need to be worn for two to three years, Invisalign is done in about half that time. Some cases can be completed in six months.
- There are no food restrictions with Invisalign. Because you remove the aligners when you eat, you can have anything you want. There are no wires that make it tricky.
- The Invisalign procedure is much more comfortable than traditional braces.
If you are interested in getting your bite straightened with Invisalign, you may call our office to request an appointment or click here to request an appointment online.