Do you have anxiety about dental appointments and consider yourself a dental coward? Theriot Family Dental Care of Baton Rouge will cater to you, work to minimize your anxiety, and help you relax and enjoy your visit with us.
How We Cater to Cowards
We created an office environment that’s friendly, relaxed, and designed for maximum comfort and pleasant dental experiences.
- We’ll warmly welcome you to our office.
- We keep wait times at a minimum to prevent a buildup of anxiety.
- We don’t embarrass or scold you about your dental condition.
We examine your teeth and mouth, take x-rays, and perform dental procedures gently. And we work at an efficient pace that is neither alarmingly fast nor so slow that it makes you feel like you’ll never be able to leave the dental chair.
You’ll receive gentle treatment in other ways:
- Fast and easy digital x-rays minimize gag reflexes.
- Topical anesthetic gel thoroughly numbs areas of your mouth for painless treatment.
- We’re attentive to facial expressions and gestures that signal discomfort.
- We don’t ask you to tough it out. If you’re uncomfortable, we will stop and do whatever it takes to relieve the issue.
Sedation is a safe, effective way to keep you comfortable and help you relax during dental visits. At our Perkins Road office, we offer nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”), a colorless, odorless gas that you can breathe in to stay calm and relaxed. And for deeper relaxation, oral conscious sedation is available at both offices. You’ll be so relaxed, you probably won’t remember your appointment. Read our sedation dentistry page for details about each option.
You can bring headphones and listen to music. Or you might prefer to watch a program on the flat TV screen in the treatment room. And we’ll offer you a pillow or a blanket to increase your comfort as you relax in our massaging dental chairs.
We’re sensitive to what triggers or increases your anxiety and what calms it. Let us know how we can minimize your stress and help you enjoy your visits with us.
“The dentist isn’t anyone’s favorite place, but Theriot Family Dental Care makes it surprisingly pleasant.” – Cyla M.