While you can buy whitening strips in the store, they have a weaker concentration of bleaching gel. That’s why at Theriot Family Dental Care in Baton Rouge, we offer Opalescence Go—a fast, affordable, effective way to brighten your smile. And no impressions of your teeth are required.
Opalescence Go Whitening vs. Whitening Strips
- Over-the-counter whitening strips – They contain a low concentration of bleaching gel and are made to just paste over the fronts of your front teeth. They don’t cover your teeth completely, and if you see any results, they will be limited. It might work on surface stains.
- Opalescence Go – We don’t need to take impressions of your teeth. It offers the convenience of whitening strips while giving a more thorough coverage of your teeth and a higher concentration of peroxide bleaching agent. It covers your entire tooth, front and back, and conforms to your teeth, staying in contact to thoroughly bleach your teeth. Opalescence Go is less expensive than take-home trays or in-office whitening. While the concentration of bleaching gel is a little lower than take-home trays, it is more than whitening strips and covers the teeth more thoroughly.
Other Whitening Options
- Take-home trays – We take impressions of your teeth to make custom trays for them. Each day, you’ll place bleaching gel in the trays and wear them as directed. The average treatment time is 14 days.
- In-office whitening – This is the most expensive, most effective, and fastest way to whiten your teeth. But it must be completed in our office. We’ll take impressions of your teeth for custom trays and at-home touchups.
How Does Opalescence Go Work?
You’ll receive a whitening kit with ten sets of prefilled trays for your upper and lower teeth. The process is simple:
- Each day you’ll place the trays for your upper teeth in your mouth. Swallowing will release the inner tray. The whitening liner will conform to your teeth and hold the gel in contact with your teeth.
- Remove the outer tray and repeat the process for your lower teeth.
- Wear the whitening liner as directed by Dr. Theriot or Dr. Redhead.
- Throw the trays away after each whitening session.
After you’ve worn all ten sets of trays, your smile will be bright. If you want to continue whitening your teeth—or if you need a touchup to maintain your bright smile—you can request another whitening kit.
Interested in Whitening that Gets Results?
Find out if Opalescence Go is right for you. Call our office to schedule an appointment for an exam or complete our Request an Appointment form.