If you’re in pain with a toothache, call Theriot Family Dentistry. Dr. Theriot or Dr. Redhead will see you today, examine your tooth, and perform a quick procedure to relieve your pain. After that, we’ll explain your treatment options for permanent relief to prevent the issue from recurring.
When to See an Emergency Dentist
Although a toothache is the most common dental emergency, you don’t have to be in pain to need urgent dental care. When should you call us?
Irritated nerves and infected and inflamed tissue inside a tooth are usually the cause of a toothache. If you leave the infection untreated, the tissue inside your tooth will die, and the infection will spread.
Impact on your face or mouth can damage your teeth. And you may not see or feel it. We’ll examine your teeth, gums, and oral tissue for signs of internal damage. Please don’t wait until you feel pain to call us.
Fillings and crowns protect your teeth. An unprotected tooth can weaken or break. If your crown came off and you don’t get it cemented on again, your teeth will drift, the crown won’t fit, and you’ll need a new one.
What to Expect for Treatment
- Root canal treatment to remove the infection
- Clean the tooth and replace the pulp with a dental filler material
- Protect your tooth with a crown
- Determine the extent of damage
- Give prompt care to control swelling, bleeding, or other damage
- Explain your treatment options
- Examine your tooth and restoration
- Place a temporary restoration to protect the tooth
- For a crown that has come off, if you come in right away we should be able to simply re-cement it
- Explain your options for a permanent restoration
If You’re Nervous About Dental Appointments
Many people are nervous about dental appointments. But don’t let anxiety prevent you from getting the care you need. If you delay, it will only make things worse. Our treatment is painless and we offer sedation dentistry. Read our sedation dentistry page to see how we can help your visit be completely comfortable.
Can the ER or Urgent Care Handle Your Dental Emergency?
If you go to the ER or urgent care, you’ll see that they are well equipped to handle medical—not dental—emergencies. Although they might give you a prescription for a pain reliever, they’ll also refer you to a dentist.
We are fully equipped for dental emergencies:
- Relieve your pain
- Diagnose the cause of dental issues
- Perform root canal treatment
- Restore teeth
- Extract teeth when necessary
Think You Can’t Afford an Emergency Dentist?
Your oral health is our priority, so we have options to help you get the emergency dental care you need.
- Payment plans with low or no interest
- In-office dental savings plan if you don’t have insurance
Call Theriot Family Dental Care now, and we’ll take care of your emergency today.
“I received prompt care for an old busted front crown. My permanent crown was ordered on Tuesday and placed the following Monday. I didn’t feel any pain.” – Becky F.