If you want to have the greatest oral health care success this holiday season and beyond, practice effective dental erosion prevention. To help prevent dental erosion, it is important to be aware of its numerous causes as well as treatments you can use to help prevent it from occurring. Here are a few guidelines to keep your smile safe this holiday season:
– Try to use effective oral health care tools after eating, including mouthwash or chewing sugarless gum.
– Make an effort to brush your teeth at least twice per day and floss at least once per day.
– Do not use overly abrasive products including toothbrushes with hard bristles.
– Help prevent dental erosion by practicing effective oral health hygiene routines including cleaning your teeth and gums to rinse away food debris and plaque buildup.
– Dental erosion is linked to numerous causes, including dry mouth, medications, the environment, genetics, and acid reflux disease.
– One of the most useful ways of preventing erosion is ensuring you’re eating a diet full of healthy foods and tooth-healthy minerals like calcium and phosphorus.
– It is imperative to clean away acids in your mouth with useful cleaning tools such as toothbrushes and dental floss.
– Saliva creation has been shown to help lower the risk of dental erosion.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a fantastic smile with dental erosion treatments, schedule an appointment with Theriot Family Dental Care at our dentist office in Lafayette, Louisiana by calling 337-984-3408. Dr. John Theriot and the rest of our team look forward to seeing you.