Lafayette Emergency Dentist
We are almost 100% sure we can see you today!
You probably need to see an emergency dentist for the following reasons. Here are some recommended ways to deal with common dental emergencies:
- Toothache Clean your mouth by rinsing with warm water. Gently check with dental floss for food or debris caught between your teeth. Do not apply aspirin or painkillers directly to your gums because this can burn your gum tissue. We can see you today.
- Tooth Knocked Out Call us. Save the tooth and rinse off the roots without scrubbing or removing tissue. If the tooth can't be gently re-inserted, put it in a cup of milk and bring it to us as quickly as possible.
- Broken Tooth Call us. Use warm water to rinse your mouth. Keep the swelling down with a cold compress.
- Cracked or Chipped Tooth This is relatively common and can be caused by accidents, decay, or chewing on hard foods. Call us to assess the severity of your problem and to set up an appointment.
- Bitten Lip or Tongue Clean the wound with a wet cloth and use a cold compress to keep swelling down. If bleeding persists, visit a hospital emergency room.
Remember that pain is a signal that something is wrong. The problem may not disappear even if the pain eases.
Common Emergency Dentist Visit Concerns
To make your emergency dentist visit easier we can address possible concerns. Click on the headings to learn more about:
- Affordability - We create affordable treatment plans and keep our fees as low as possible while remaining consistent with our dedication to quality care.
- Gentle Dentistry - In our office we use advanced gentle dentistry techniques, including sleep dentistry, to treat emergencies.
- Our Caring Staff - We understand how you feel. When you're in pain, the last thing you need is a guilt trip. We simply won't go there.
After hours you may want to use our online appointment request form. If you are in pain we will get back to you as early as possible.